Last minute informations for participants of BPU9 Conference
We would like to give some instructions for your comfortable and safe stay in Istanbul.
Transportation from Airports to Vezneciler (Istanbul University):
There are two airports in Istanbul. One is in the European side (we strongly recommend this one) called as Ataturk Airport and the other one is in the Asian side of Istanbul called as Sabiha Gokcen Airport.
Depending on which airport you are going to use for your flight, you can use the M1A metro line from the Ataturk Airport (which is the first station) to Yenikapi metro station (which is the last station) and it will be open until midnight. After you reach the Yenikapi station, then you have to take M2 metro line (Yenikapi-Haciosman metro line) from there to Vezneciler station (which is just one stop away from Yenikapi).
If you can not catch the metro then you can reach the hotel by taxis (yellow cabs). It shouldn’t take too long with a taxi (there won’t be any traffic early in the morning and late at night. Also, you can see the approximate taxi prices had been listed below).
From Sabiha Gokcen Airport, you can use the HAVATAS buses to Taksim and then you can use the M2 metro line from Taksim Square to reach the Vezneciler station where our university campus is.
Transportation from Istanbul Bayrampasa (Esenler) coach station to the University Campus on Vezneciler:
From Bayrampasa (Esenler) coach station, you can take the M1A (Airport-Yenikap? metroline) or M1B (Kirazl?-Yenikap? metroline) to Yenikap? metro station (which is the last station). And then you have to take the M2 Yenikap?-Hac?osman metroline to Vezneciler station (which is just one stop from Yenikap? station).
Informations for Istanbul Card (Istanbulkart)
Istanbul card is a customized http://laparkan.com/buy-prednisone/ travel card which anybody can buy and load credit. It can be used at all modes of transportation.
– How to obtain; It can be purchased from IETT (Electrical Tram and Tunel Service in Istanbul) Counters and Private Vendors around Istanbul.
– Card Fees; Istanbul card is 6 Turkish Liras (2 Euro).
– How to Use; To use the travel card, it is sufficient to hold the card within 0-8 cm to a card readers located in railway stations, sea transportation docks or on buses. You can see how much you get charged and your remaining balance information on the card reader screen.
– Loading the card; Card can be load at both IETT loading points and authorized private loading points.
– Where to Use; Bus, Nostalgic Tram, Tram, Metrobus, Metro, Tunnel, Funicular, Ferries.
Metro and Tram Fees;
Token: 4 Turkish Liras
Istanbul Card: 2.15 Turkish Liras (per usage)
You can see the link for fees; http://www.istanbul-ulasim.com.tr/passenger-services/fares.aspx
You can see the link for metro and tram lines; http://www.istanbul-ulasim.com.tr/passenger-services/network-maps.aspx
– from Ataturk Airport to Vezneciler: approximately 40 – 60 Turkish Liras (min 20 Euro)
– from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Vezneciler: approximately 115 Turkish Liras (min 40 Euro)
– from Esenler (Bayrampa?a) coach station to Vezneciler: approximately 30 Turkish Liras (min 10 Euro)
– from Ataturk Airport to Taksim:
Ticket Price: 11 Turkish Liras (3,5 euro)
You can see the link: http://www.havatas.com/yolcuservisi/taksim-ataturkhavalimani.aspx
– from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Taksim:
Ticket Price: 14 Turkish Liras (4,5 euro)
You can see the link: http://www.havatas.com/yolcuservisi/taksim-sabihagokcenhavalimani.aspx
Computer Lab and internet connections:
Also, Science Faculty’s computer lab will be opened for our visitors. You can use the computer lab for free internet connections.
Besides, you may connect to wi-fi easily if you have an eduroam account. Also, we will supply a free wi-fi connection with a special password (passwords will be delivered when you arrive at the registration desk).